Diary of Dan

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

SOMETHING ABOUT MY STAPLER, PEN, OCD, AND C

This is a conversation that took place in our MT lab today morning:-
Kathak: Danny, lend me your stapler for a minute!
Dan: Yeah... Hey!!!!!!! Where's my stapler???!! It was here two mins ago!!! Oh no! It's lost again!
Kathak: Ok! Does anyone else have a stapler?
Dan: Why do I lose my stapler every now and then? [General lamenting follows...]

After 5 mins:-
Dan: Ruc, is that my pen you're writing with?
Ruc: Yes, I just need to tick the names of the girls I'm distributing the Tshirts to.
Dan: No!
Ruc: No?
Dan: No! Give me my pen! You can't have it!
Ruc: Why??!!!! You are actually not letting me use your pen!
Dan: No! I mean yes... I just lost my stapler - and I don't want to lose my pen.... [Looks at Ruc with pleading eyes.....]
Ruc: Ok.. I understand....... Here, take back your pen. [And atually hands it back to Dan and nods her head - that nodding is full of meaning - full of sympathy for a fellow OCDite.]

After an hour:-
Dan: Hey Kathak, Ruc! I've found my stapler - it's right here in my pencil box! [Squeals of delight][clap clap in the background.]

While going home:-
Dan: Hey Ruc..... R U C? Are you C? Are you C++? Are you C#?
Ruc and Don: Dan..... go home plz...
Dan: Ruc! R U C? Are you the sea? Are you the lake? Are you the river? Are you.....
Ruc: I'm the ocean!
Don: Ha ha ha!!!!!
Dan: Ocean, bye........

5 Comments:

At 8/3/05 11:51 pm, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said...

Thief!!! You stole your own stapeler so that you couldn't lend it to me :((

And then I have to *beg* the entire class for one :((((((((((((((((((((

And next time I know what to call RUC... I call her "ocean" !!!!!!!!

 
At 8/3/05 11:53 pm, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said...

Don should blog... I still can't get over "saale rokde ke naam pe bheek bhi nahi dete hain" and the "aye...sambhal isko... chikne ke peeche saali ne akkha zindigi waste kar di"

Hey danny... you should blog ab't the BE show!

 
At 9/3/05 1:02 pm, Blogger Sudhakar said...

"Dan: Hey Ruc..... R U C? Are you C? Are you C++? Are you C#?"
Thatz hilarious!

 
At 9/3/05 7:10 pm, Blogger Daneshia said...

Hey i didn't steal the stapler, i really couldn't find it before!

Yes, Ocean it shall be :)

Yeah, rokde ke naam pe..., dimaag ki gotich sarak gayi......... :D

Sudh, :D

 
At 9/5/06 11:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no ..!! you were all as mad even then ... i guess i wud have enjoyed a lllllllot wid yall even then ...!!! (MIT WEC not withstanding...!!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home