Diary of Dan

Saturday, February 19, 2005

MY DREAM-WORLD, ESCAPISM, ETC.

Another of my poems:

This hidden path leads
to the dream-world of mine,
The twittering birds . . .
The golden sunshine . . .

Where flowers sing songs
About each others' beauty . . .
Cows graze unhurriedly
carefree, with no duty . . .

The wind blows softly
Taking the leaves with it . . .
The clouds float gaily
In the sky with no limit . . .

This path, I often take,
When things don't take shape
As I want them to,
And my desire is, to escape.

When I cannot show my face,
I do not have the courage,
And I need a place to hide,
Away from the wreckage.

And then I loose myself
In this imaginary world,
I let my 'present' drown,
in the lake of my dream-world.

And when I return,
I haveno time to even attempt repair,
And then my heart is filled
with regrets and utter despair.

So, now, all I have to say is this:
It's ok to have dreaming capability
But do not dream just because
You cannot face the reality!

. . . As I do when I try to loose myself in the world of poetry, to escape the harsh reality of studies and exams . . . . . . .

5 Comments:

At 20/2/05 3:25 am, Blogger S m i t h a said...

Wah wah !!
well said... well written...

 
At 20/2/05 10:22 am, Blogger Daneshia said...

Thanx Smithsie!

 
At 20/2/05 12:35 pm, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said...

Thats a good one!

:-)

 
At 21/2/05 10:11 pm, Blogger Daneshia said...

Thanx Kathak :-)

 
At 22/2/05 11:51 pm, Blogger Sai K said...

nice one.. and i totally agree with the sentiment... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home