Diary of Dan

Sunday, December 19, 2004

THUS SPAKE THE SUN. . .

Hi people! I'm back.... Exams are finally over and now we have holidays for only 13 days..... but I guess that should be enough for us. I'll be watching movies, reading J.A. and R.C., and I.A. and Ravindranath. And blogging, eating, and of course, working on our dear old antennas.... And perhaps shall paint, I mean actual painting - with colours and brushes - but I'll have to buy colours for that, coz my mother threw away my earlier ones when they became hard as stone and I refused to part with them myself! Now let me see, when was the last time I held a brush in my hand - I think in 8th std. So now it's been a good 7.5 yrs!!!! That's a pretty long time. For the past 4 yrs, I have been using Paintbrush, but now surprisingly I feel like going back to watercolours and pencil sketching!

Ok, now you must be like what has the title got to do with this post! Well, it's about this poem I wrote a few days back -- It's something like the Sun speaking to Human Beings:

NOW THAT YOU ARE HERE,
Do not waste a single minute,
A single breath,
Look at me, how I keep myself busy
Burning and burning and burning,
Until I burn to death.
Your life is precious,
Treat it just so,
Look at me, how I'm high up in the sky,
Let your aims too be high
Never aim for anything low.
Dare to be different,
Don 't be afraid of loneliness,
Look at me, how I'm here all alone,
Burning, to light up others' lives,
What really matters is their happiness.
One day you are sure to die,
So right now, don't waste your time,
Look at me, how I use my energy for others.
Use your skills for doing something worthwhile,
Not using your talents, is surely a crime.

9 Comments:

At 20/12/04 12:11 pm, Blogger Sudhakar said...

Dan, Typo in the title?

 
At 20/12/04 3:25 pm, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said...

Dan,
>>Use your skills for doing something worthwhile,
Not using your talents, is surely a crime. <<

You surely make the most of that! :-))))

Sudhakar,
Spake = Spoke
Though there doesn't seem to be much documented on the same, none the less, thats what it is, and not a typo :-)))))

And since I am in a ver smiley mood today, One more, :-)))))))))))))))

 
At 20/12/04 8:09 pm, Blogger Sudhakar said...

Dan & K,
13, Lucky or unlucky to u? :)

 
At 21/12/04 6:05 am, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said...

No idea Sudhakar... why did you ask?

 
At 21/12/04 10:41 am, Blogger Sudhakar said...

K, 13 is considered unlucky in the West. Anyway it shud be lucky for u as u got holidays, free from studies!!!

 
At 21/12/04 5:21 pm, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said...

Oh Okay... for some smart reason I didn't corealate the 13 with the fact that we have 13 days of holidays and got wondering how it suddenly came up from no where!

 
At 22/12/04 1:20 pm, Blogger Daneshia said...

yup, "spake" is archaic for spoke.
k, I'll take that as a compliment, and thank you.
shall be gone for a few days, keep commenting till I come back.
enjoy!

 
At 22/12/04 1:24 pm, Blogger Sudhakar said...

got it..

 
At 1/1/05 1:03 am, Blogger Sai K said...

hey dan... thanks for coming by my blog... u got a very neat place here... nice place... been a long time since i visited any new blog.. and this sure was nice... mebbe i too shud get back to looking thru more blogs... and a happy new yr to u... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home