Diary of Dan

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

DOG-LOVER DAN

Yes, I am a dog-lover! Thanks to Enid Blyton, my love for dogs dates back to 4th std. But the twist in the story: my mother hates them. So I cannot have a real dog as a pet. So my simple solution: I switched over to stuffed toys - or let's say, stuffed dogs!
I had one cute little white one, with nice ears and tail. But he became dirty in a year or so, so I got a new one, this time a bigger one. And would you believe it, he was huge and red! I used to adore him a lot! He had wonderful hanging ears, a verrrry long tail, two legs were long, two were very short! He was a bit out of shape, but the expression on his face was too cute! And one fine day, his head simply came off! I had it sewn back! And after some years, I don't know how, but my mother talked me into throwing him away! I miss him so much now! Next I had many other stuffed toys - a kitten, a proper teddy bear, a pig. But my current favourite is: Dolby.
Dolby's a duck, he looks like a lost, dumb duck. But he's very sweet. He has had a string of names: Bodo, Dobbie Dobsky, and now - Dolby. (You must have heard of Ray Dolby (AVE!!!)) He is my companion in many a lonely hours. And he has 3 dressses - one I've stitched myself! I am an amateur fashion designer too, so I designed this one specially for him, complete with frills and pleats and matching blue buttons! He looks stunning in it! Well, if you have pets and need designer clothes for them, now you know whom to contact!
So now after dogs, I am into ducks!

7 Comments:

At 3/11/04 11:55 pm, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said...

I seem to remember Mr. Dobbie Dobsky. Hows he doing these days Dan?

 
At 4/11/04 9:50 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Ducks and Dogs you say .. Amatuer fashion designer.
Pretty Funny I say.
I love dogs too as a matter of fact , not much into ducks though (one almost nipped my finger off).

Heres a picture of my dog (bitch actually) -
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/13/1108/320/Picture%20107.jpg

 
At 4/11/04 10:25 am, Blogger Daneshia said...

Yeah, Eva? Saw the photo yesterday on your blog. She looks amazing!

Kathak, Dobbie's doing fine! He's enjoying my company, we are together most of the time. Thanx to the PLs.

 
At 4/11/04 9:22 pm, Blogger S m i t h a said...

Hail Dog-Lover Dan!
We had a dog once. Named Hula. White colored doggie who was very very cute! But when he died, i was so heart-broken that my mom never allowed any more pets. And i couldnt fall back on stuffed dolls as Dan did. So i fell back to pillows! Many a lonely hours, me & my pillow...we r closest buddies now. And the thing is, let ur imagination run the pillow could be anything from stuffed dogs to ducks to girlfriends!!

 
At 4/11/04 11:12 pm, Blogger Daneshia said...

Hmm. . . Smitha, I can surely imagine you imagining!

 
At 7/1/05 5:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! dan ,
i didn't know u were a dog lover too...great!
and my tragedy is same like ur's ,
my mom hates.. dogs....
but.....the worst part is i don't even have stuffed toys like u..so i rely on sweet friends like u and k in those lonely moments....great being friends with u...
and hey! i had a lot of fun readin ur posts so far...

Agent R!

 
At 8/1/05 10:46 am, Blogger Daneshia said...

Oh, that's so sweet Agent R!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home