Diary of Dan

Sunday, September 26, 2004

DAN'S SCHOOL DAYS

Scarlett O'Hara says, "Never look back. It's no use looking back." But Dan says, "Why not, if it's gonna make you laugh?" These are some wierd and funny things I used to do in school, and it makes me laugh even just remembering them now. You've got to believe that I've actually done all this:

1. Dance with a friend on the steps, when nobody's around.
2. Hide in cupboards to get an off lecture - we used to be just 4 students for some special lectures, and whenever one of us would be absent, two of us would hide thus, the remaining one would tell the teacher to go away!
3. Drop 'sambar' on boys playing below, from an overlooking balcony.
4. Deliberately lock a boy in the laboratory - don't worry, just for 5 mins.
5. Knock down a peon by bumping into him while looking behind and walking.
6. Tell lies to make a teacher race up 96 steps!
7. Send a boy to our class so that my fellow female classmates could get to see him and laugh at him.
8. Witness chalk powder and ink fights.
9. Ask classmates to open their mouths and throw chalk pieces at them. (I had a pretty good aim)
10. Invent new games and play them - one of them being "rakshastagdi bhutachi wadi".
11. Melt solder metal in a petri dish and pour it onto different locks - and say that we are working on our project on 'locks'!
12. Pull dresses, throw water from ventilators - our classrooms had ventilators near the floor.
13. Enact self-written-directed plays during off lectures.
14. Sit on the benches and imagine that one is sitting in a boat and start rowing.
15. Write letters in self created code language.
16. Speak to a friend in another created code language.
17. Sleep in the class sitting on the first bench.
18. Check other students' homework and maintain the record in a register - I was officially appointed to do that! So everybody in the class would flock around me as soon as I would enter, to get their homework checked.
19. Sit in the study room and write short stories, and pass them around for others to read.
20. Sing (or howl) at the top of my voice, in the classroom, at 9.00 pm.

I'll tell you more next time, if I can remember what else I used to do. But this is for sure, everybody has fun (and must have fun), while in school.

5 Comments:

At 27/9/04 7:10 am, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said...

I like, the sound of that! Some of them made me nod my head in agreement, and I had such a huge smile on my face that my mum was wondering what I'm upto next!

 
At 27/9/04 11:28 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Good to see you're back with a bang , I was wonder whether all those mastanis had got to you.
See you around

 
At 28/9/04 12:07 pm, Blogger S m i t h a said...

We r the complete opposites... in a way, that if i were to come within a few meters of u, our body will attract each other(too technical? magnetism/oppsites-attract).
So u r the third gunman on the JFK assassination. Although i dont share K's enthu on the subject... i wish i had done some of that. way to go, Dan!

 
At 28/9/04 10:43 pm, Blogger Daneshia said...

hey aks, hi! i had just one mastani, and had no chance to have another one after that! anyways, feels good to have u commenting on my blog again!
and smitha, to be frank, i've done more than this in my school days, but can't reveal all, got to save my name!

 
At 29/9/04 7:56 am, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said...

Don't worry Smitha, the law of averages always catches up. See, I never passed chits in school. In fact, I never did much "in" school. Most of my pranks have been outseide school during school days and in junior college and engineering college. So, I never passed chits in school. Never even thought that was a possibility. And what am I doing now? Now... in the final year, me and a friend keep communicating thro' chits. And the unsuspecting professors believe we're discussing the "subject" being taught or innocently handing over pens to each other!

Then there are these private jokes and smart ass comments, and then.... Front benchers are harmless, aren't they?????

Maybe, just maybe...

My point being... don't worry Smitha, you'll do all you *wanted* to ever do! Somehow, it will catch up with you.

And now, I go hankering for free tech support. This comment box doesn't accept either the <br> tag or the <p> tags... What do i do???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home