Diary of Dan

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Reunion...

We were meeting each other after a whole year!

Not that we were completely out of touch.. Of course - those not so infrequent phone calls, mails, msgs... chats.... throughout the year... when she would ask me how I was doing... And I would reply... Everything's fine! And when I asked her the same, she would say everything was never better... :) Our little sorrows and lumps in our throats we would just hide behind 'I-miss-you's... And try to explain our tears with that... to each other...

I wasn't oblivious to what she'd gone thru'.. No idea whether she knew more than what I told her.. Yet we maintained that I'm-fine-but-I-miss-you... Let the silence continue.. Hadn't someone said something about it being golden?

And now.. We were meeting each other after a whole year! I was wondering how it was going to be... The door opened and there she stood..!

She stepped forward with her arms outstretched.. And when a tear appeared at the corner of her eye, I said, "Hey! You'd promised we would enjoy each others' company.. after so many days.. and not think of anything else! Why are you crying now!"

She said, "Silly Danny! These are tears of joy!"

Tears of joy..!? Rather, unshed tears that push their way out on seeing your beloved friend..., that seek to be wiped with her loving fingers.. unquestioningly... "Let me cry a little, and then I'll be fine..." - we both said to ourselves...

not aloud... :)

20 Comments:

At 23/2/07 8:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful. :)

 
At 23/2/07 10:07 am, Blogger Daneshia said...

:)

Expressing the truth is always beautiful!?

 
At 23/2/07 1:20 pm, Blogger Vikrant said...

you are a great author

 
At 23/2/07 1:21 pm, Blogger Vikrant said...

hi daneshia,

so now meeting you up we can become friends too......

 
At 24/2/07 9:41 pm, Blogger Abinav Kumar said...

hmm...

wpnder if 'hmms...' convey anything!

 
At 25/2/07 11:41 pm, Blogger Daneshia said...

well i guess abinav, ur hmm means u don't know what to say... wot say!

 
At 27/2/07 11:08 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was beautiful.. That s how I feel when I think of meeting friends whom I ve not met since long but still am in touch with. Tears of joy surely appear when u see ur loved one after such a long time.. Friends r so damn precious..
I cherish them all. Including u.
Meetup sometime dear

:)

 
At 27/2/07 4:09 pm, Blogger Daneshia said...

hey Kanchan.. hi.. :) of course! do want to meet u...

coming back to my post.. I have said, they look like tears of joy, but in fact, are not. they r passed off as tears of joy...

 
At 28/2/07 5:40 pm, Blogger Ankur Jain said...

Good one Dans !!

It made me think about my re-union... which is looong due... waiting to come back.. !! We have already planned our reunion :)

 
At 28/2/07 11:22 pm, Blogger Daneshia said...

Hope you are able to enjoy your reunion :)

And what abt our reunion? :D Will we ever meet again :)

 
At 1/3/07 7:01 pm, Blogger The Green Lantern said...

Great blog, Dr. Dan!

 
At 2/3/07 5:23 pm, Blogger K said...

Either you all are very sensitive,
or i'm "patthar dil"
Or i haven't expereinced "bichhadana" as such...

 
At 2/3/07 6:45 pm, Blogger AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

touching and innocent:)

 
At 8/3/07 8:00 pm, Blogger Megan Hawk said...

lovely one dan :)
penned down a poem after ages...do check it out :)

 
At 14/3/07 2:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
I dint really understand the concept of passing it off as tears of joy when in reality they arent.. Do tell me what it actually is?? I tend to get tears in my eyes when i see my loved one.. after a long time... or in a certain circumstance.. i believe that as tears of joy. If it is a meet after long time then we tend to remember the days we spent together n there'll b this mixed feeling, sad coz the days r gone, happy coz memories remain n most importantly the person remains with u.. If there s more to it, do share..

My Mind
:)

 
At 14/3/07 11:17 pm, Blogger Daneshia said...

hey just that if u have tears in ur eyes because u r sad abt smthing... but don't want to tell ur frnd after meeting him / her after a long time that u r sad.. u can pass off ur tears as tears of joy.. saying u r crying becoz of meeting after such a long time!
nothing else to it...
:)

 
At 16/3/07 9:15 am, Blogger Megan Hawk said...

hi dan , two more poems on my blog...Choice and Valentine Charm...these are very simple poems though... written on the spur of the moment

 
At 30/5/08 8:33 pm, Blogger Abinav Kumar said...

@Dans... or is it that I am wondering whether I should say what I want to say??

or... maybe, I think it is better left unsaid...

or.. maybe, I do not know what to say after all...

any of these... or others...!

 
At 30/5/08 8:34 pm, Blogger Abinav Kumar said...

anway... read it again..!! and i must say.. rather exclaim...

BEAUTIFULLY written!

 
At 3/6/08 12:00 am, Blogger Daneshia said...

Vielen danke Herr Bean!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home