Diary of Dan

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF CN

My lyrical offerings to the great subject called Communication networks:

T skit and ta skit,
A pocket full of sockets,
ARPANET, Ping and TELNET,
Put them in my packet! (1)

Don't frame 'em, don't frame 'em,
TCP and IP,
OSI and CSMA,
Put 'em in my packet! (2)

Gateways and bridges,
Lemme close the switches,
Open the sliding window
and put it in my packet! (3)

LEOs and MEOs,
I wanna own a GEO,
Please don't let PPP SLIP,
don't put it in my packet! (4)

Stop the bloody busy tone,
Let's connect with a backbone,
ARQ, where is the queue,
just put it in my packet! (5)

Dijkstra, Dijkstra,
RSA et cetera,
If you have a dead receiver,
Put it in my packet! (6)

ALOHA! ALOHA!
I wanna board the first 'bus',
I wanna wear a 'ring' to college,
It's kept in my packet! (7)

LAN, WAN, where is my MAN?
Hey you there! Don't 'mesh' him up,
You have neither ACK nor NAK,
Don't put him in your packet! (8)

T skit and ta skit,
A pocket full of sockets,
A little girlie studied CN,
And put it in her poem! (9)

6 Comments:

At 17/3/05 12:58 am, Blogger Daneshia said...

T skit and ta skit
I lost my yellow basket
I wrote a letter to my mother
On the way I dropped it

I dropped it, I dropped it
On the way I dropped it
A little girlie picked it up
And put it in my basket

That's the original nursery rhyme.

 
At 17/3/05 4:40 am, Blogger S m i t h a said...

Danny, that was quite a poem.
enjoyed it!

 
At 17/3/05 10:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little girlie studied CN,
And put it in her poem!

it seems you have been studying a lot of CN now a days...

i enjoyed..the poem...

and guess what? i even managed to learn a few terms from CN.. :)

Agent R!

 
At 17/3/05 1:57 pm, Blogger Daneshia said...

Hey twinsie, thanks, as usual....

Dear Agent R, when i was writing the poem, i was reading from the cn textbook index page.... :D

 
At 17/3/05 5:01 pm, Blogger Kathak - The Story Teller! said...

Ahh... now I remember T skit and Ta skit, after you posted the entire one!

So you've atleast been reading the index pages... I haven't done that much also :D

 
At 18/3/05 1:33 pm, Blogger Daneshia said...

I read just to be able to write the poem

 

Post a Comment

<< Home