Diary of Dan

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Autums N Colums...

Special thanks to Ankur, my colleague (hooo!)...
Thanks Ankur, for being an excellent sounding board,
That you listened, without showing you are bored,
And egged me on...!

Autum said i'm missing N,
Colum said i'm missing N,
Seudo said i'm missing P,
Consinement said i'm missing G...
And then... along came N and N with P and G...
And they flew to these words.

These birds didn't want to be free,
They wanted to be caged with the other alphabets...
Not everyone values Freedom,
Not everyone needs to...

I can see more B's and Q's and T's flying hither and thither...
I run to seek shelter,
Am running helter-skelter,
To save myself from those who are desperate to be caged!
I try my best,
Lest, I be dragged with them!

I never want my N's to find their way to my autums and colums,
I want to express freely,
I want to be on an expression spree,
Caring not for conformation, acceptance...
Honesty's my only grammar rule..
And expression's my only survival tool.
I care not whether or not I'm cool.

I just want Him to hear me...
I want to be Him, and listen to myself,
And grant, that autumNs can come without N's,
That spring will always spring,
In spite of yourself,
And that you'll always smile,
And words will continue to pile,
In your dainty little head,
And you won't hesitate to spread,
The glow on your face!
To the fallen leaves... of the autumN, knocked down by the N's...

Look.. What makes u want to spell it right,
You're disturbing such a beautiful sight!
Throw away the rules!
They are only for fools...
Your constitution must be your own,
Only then you'll abide, without a groan,
or any moan!
Your seeds, only you should've sown,

So... coming back to the N's,
Do we even need to come back?
Yes, let's gather the N's.

The N's no pro...
It's for you to show,
How to go...
On the path to happiness...,
and bliss,
It's for you to kiss,
The trembling blade of grass,
And reassure it,
That the dew does make it wet,
And brings the cold,
But in the end,
Only that will make it bold,
To face them!
Them winds!
Biting, ruthless and cold..
And to blow them away!
To the land that needs the columNar autumNs,
Let 'em take the N's and P's and G's with them.
Dear blade of grass, you can do without them,
Not because I insist,
But because you'll persist,
Even without their troubling presence.

Be free! Be light!
Exhale with all your might!
It'll carry you through the night,
Far into the dawn!
When hope will spawn,
From your sighs,
And now, I have to say my byes!
To the N's...
Thankfully...

N's toh aate hi rahenge, kal, aur kal, aur kal...
It's in my hands, to turn my back to them...

7 Comments:

At 9/8/06 2:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phew... one heck of a poem ...

Too abstract tho ... philosophy is way too inter-twined with the 'spelling-bees' ...

Honesty is my grammar,
Expression is the survivor!

Cool ... loved the lines... fundoo!

 
At 9/8/06 2:06 am, Blogger Daneshia said...

:)
>:D<
:-*

Have I been taught too much C++? (Abstraction)

Am compulsive abt spellings...

thx!

 
At 9/8/06 2:11 am, Blogger Ankur Jain said...

way to go... ^:)^

 
At 9/8/06 2:14 am, Blogger Daneshia said...

:)
all because of u!

 
At 9/8/06 10:46 am, Blogger Sudhakar said...

Too big a poem for a nursery rhyme :)
>:D< :-*

 
At 9/8/06 9:13 pm, Blogger Daneshia said...

Not all poems end up as nursery rhymes,
Some need to be excused as a poet's crimes...?
One peeps into nurseries just sometimes...


...whatever...

 
At 10/8/06 10:10 am, Blogger Sudhakar said...

:(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home