Diary of Dan

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

It was a nice day today...

I woke up feeling better after a night of undisturbed sleep... Got ready and managed to reach the bus stop in time... Met my friend who's shifted to ph2... spoke to her, and along came my teddy bear... :) (A friend...)
Got into my bus, sat at a window seat... the last seat. Was feeling good. There weren't any ppl standing... That's why. Had the window open and the wind blowing in my face felt good :) And then when we reached the highway, as if on cue, it started raining! Drizzling, rather... And it felt realllly nice! I called up a friend, mssged two friends, they mssgd back! :) Everything looked nice in the rain, the Pashan lake too :) And we could look out the rear window and could feel the highway calling out to us... Look, I'm so loooong! :)
Then we reached office, met another friend, had breakfast. I started work... Woke up a colleague in the US, discussed things. Tested and tested. A very dear friend called up after so many days, spoke to her at length and felt realllly nice again! Lunch with 4 other friends. They troubled n teased me and pulled my leg. Work again... 1 call. 1 training session. Kathak called up, saying she n Smitha were meeting, if I could also go. Couldn't. Another call, the US colleague had come to office. More defects. More calls. Had a quick dinner with some more friends in the foodcourt till 9.15.
Got a nice window seat again in the bus. :) Teddy bear and his jokes n pj's to give me company again. He was speaking in gavthi marathi :) Really funny. Reached my stop. Got down. Had nice Durga ki cold coffee. Came home. Called up an old friend... :) Called up another friend. Discussed his 17th Dec plans :) Called up another friend who was apparently busy. Wanted to tell him how nice I was feeling :) Blog-hopped a bit. Typed this. The old friend called up again, told him how nice I was feeling :)
Just wanted to say... I'm missing my mother... she'll be back in some more days... (Missing my mother!) Yet simple things in life can make you happy. If you get up and decide, I'm going to be happy :) This is sure to sound grannish, but, things that otherwise make us feel bad and hurt, become incapable of doing so when we've resolved to feel nice!

The rain, the road,
Can make me forget
My pain, my load...
My friends, my dears,
Can wipe away all my tears.
Even if such friends,
are not as such mine,
They can exist in my mind.
It's all just the way I percieve,
How much I let myself receive.
I can make myself happy
and stop being snappy.
I can make my smile shine,
and others' faces I can illumine.!
:-)

It was a nice day today because I had decided it was going to be a nice day today.... :) And I love nice days...... :)

4 Comments:

At 1/12/06 3:57 pm, Blogger Abinav Kumar said...

wonderful... really really nice poem..!

 
At 2/12/06 1:01 am, Blogger Daneshia said...

:)
just what i felt that day.... as in one of my honest poems...
of course can't deny it's partly self-instruction...

all the best for ur interview! let sunday be a ncie day :)

 
At 5/12/06 9:10 am, Blogger Megan Hawk said...

Nice poem daneshia...straight from the heart and that's what makes it a beautiful read :)

 
At 5/12/06 1:56 pm, Blogger Daneshia said...

:) thx again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home