Diary of Dan

Friday, November 05, 2010

I long for your song, is that wrong?

The first time ever
I heard you sing,
that sweet note had begun
to forever ring!
You sang for me
and for me alone,
that you were melodious,
you had shown.
Then I had to plead
for you to sing even one line,
you refused to yield,
to let me hear your voice so fine!
You held on to your silence
so resolutely,
the one time you broke into song,
I was delighted absolutely..!
Then you began singing
all kinds of silly songs,
you sang loud and strong
with trumpets and gongs!!
You were awkward,
it was new and exciting,
what I loved most was,
your songs, you were writing!
Then you got real,
the voice got a face,
the moment you sang,
my heart started to race...
Your earnestness was evident
in every single note,
on such true feelings,
I was bound to dote!
Then one fine day
you lost your voice,
even that could not
take away my joys.
You couldn't help,
you coudn't sing any more,
but I could still hear it,
your voice, your sound score.
You do still sing
as sweet as the first time,
I hear you as clear as then,
even when you just mime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home