Diary of Dan

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

November Enlightenment!

Maybe I'm growing up?
Maybe I'm throwing up
enlightened thoughts onto me?


Diary of 'Dan' that this is, most of the content here is bound to be about Dan!

So today I have a confessing observation to make! Just a little short of a revelation! I tend to classify people as good and bad. I know all people have good and bad both qualities. In spite of knowing this, I tend to overlook some of the bad qualities of the 'good' people, and then I expect them to behave like saints! Like total good people with zero tolerance for badness. 'Overlook' is important here, because I do know their bad points, but I am able to forget those easily! This all-good behaviour from the 'good' people becomes too unrealistic an expectation, and I then get this feeling of having no one to look up to - no one whose name I can chant, to get that feeling of strength, that feeling of all being right with the world! So when someone meets my saintly expectations and high stds I really admire that person huge-hugely!

Many of my wise friends including my mom have told me; why Life itself - the most forthright teacher, has shown me, that good people too have bad streaks and weaknesses. Also, the bad people just have some bad qualities, there's nothing like 'bad people' in fact! I seem to resist all amount of such 'education'! :( Too much inertia :(

What disappoints me about myself is my need to have someone 'alive' around me who fits the 'good', 'saint' bill! Why should I have this need at all!

I truly truly agree, that each soul is potentially divine! So everyone is capable of developing into that 'saint' person! So the best way to satisfy this 'someone good
around' need of mine is to make myself fit those shoes! Why rely on others!

Another thing - the 'detachment' bit.... I now realise, or so I think, there isn't any point in getting emotionally attached / involved in anyone. A certain person isn't any different than another... This can sound shocking and loaded with indifference. But the point is, no one is so fully good or so fully bad, that you should stick to and hold on to only that person, come what may. Or shun anyone, come what may. All are equally capable of developing the connections or bonds we desire. So it is worthwhile taking time to look at everyone around us, and not getting involved in anyone to the extent of letting them disappoint us. When there's no disappointment, the reason is - there's no attachment.

And that also reminds me - 'our right is to our duties, our karma, not to the fruits thereof'. So, detachment does not mean an excuse to stop giving our full efforts to our relationships and duties. Our 100% efforts in our actions and duties, with emotional detachment, is the manifestation of our divinity! And that is, per some wise people, the ultimate goal. One can just imagine what a huge set of such divine people can achieve - infinitely amplified good!!!

Coming back to the stage I am at, Life is too cute n sweet for any moping (or doping! :P ) or cursing people.

And, Life is all about 'Yes, and...'

2 Comments:

At 3/11/10 1:24 am, Blogger K said...

The space provided by this tiny comment box is not enough,
Ms. Dan, we'll take this offline :P

PS - @all good people- they exist. talk to children.

 
At 4/11/10 6:49 am, Blogger Daneshia said...

children - yeah, they are innocent, then they become adults and pick up bad things, and then try hard to unlearn these bad things...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home