Diary of Dan

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday

Air-con isn't working at my place... which is why I decided to spend most of the day in the library... but owing to waking up late (meaning past noon) (because of having slept late meaning nearing dawn the previous night), and then watching this movie on TV - Take the Lead... (Antonio Banderas) - I left lateish, arnd 4.30 - armed with my camera....
I had plans of heading to the Library @ Esplanade to rent some DVDs, and instead of alighting at the Esplanade stn - got out at Promenade, thinking I'd walk along Raffles Avenue to the Esplanade. There the Singapore Flyer caught my eye - and I headed in its direction to take pics!!! Spent quite a bit of time exploring the flyer grounds, the marina barrage waters next to it.... Enjoyed it - I like such impromptu sight-seeing.... Snacked a little there....
Then I headed towards Esplanade via the YOG garden... but the Helix Bridge caught my eye, and off I set towards the Marina Bay Sands, clicking away to glory.... Inside they have this skating rink with disco lights n all... looks v v nice n festive.... Explored the Sands shopping area too, quite a feast to the eyes.... all big brands that my pocket cannot patronise.... Finally bought earrings at Madame Butterfly and pulled myself away...
Got onto 133 and got off at the Esplanade, went to the library, had problems unlocking the discs, then came to Soup Spoon at the Raffles shopping centre..... Wrote this journal entry, of course had my usual soup etc, and will now head home for whatever I can catch of the French film on TV...... Back to my aircon-less place....! :(
Btw it rained the whole day today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home